The Crawford County Commission on Aging (COA) has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 respiratory disease since its arrival in Michigan on March 10th. Based on the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-9 and recommendations from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the COA has decided to take the following proactive measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure the health and safety of agency clients, caregivers, staff, volunteers, and community members:
- The Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center will be closed to the general public effective Wednesday, March 18th until further notice.
- Staff at the Commission on Aging will continue to staff the office Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. If you need assistance, please call the office at (989) 348-7123.
- All activities, events, classes and trips have been suspended until further notice.
- Congregate Meals will continue to be offered Monday thru Friday on a curbside take-out basis from 11:30am – 12:30pm. Meals can be picked up at that time for both lunch and dinner as well as meals for the weekend. Please call the COA at (989) 348-7123 to order your meal for take-out.
- Meals on Wheels will continue to be delivered on an alternative schedule. Telephone reassurance calls will continue to be made to clients at home for safety checks.
- In-Home Services will continue to be offered with priority given to our clients in greatest need.
As indicated by our President and the Governor of Michigan, the return of programs and services to its normal level remains unknown as the situation continues to change daily. Further communication will be made through the COA via phone calls, emails, the COA website and Facebook posts.
Effective immediately, the Tax Aide program in Crawford County is closed. All existing appointments have been cancelled and there will be no new appointments scheduled at this time. We do not know when/if the Tax Aide program will resume for 2020. Please watch the Gazette for further information. Be aware the Federal Government has extended the IRS tax filing deadline for 90 days until July 15.
Upcoming Events—Click on the Flyer to see the full sized copy.
All activities and events are postponed until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recurring Events—Click on the Flyer to see the full sized copy.
Recurring events will resume when the Senior Center re-opens to the public.